Hotline: (800) 345-5564
The Department of Behavioral Health is committed to conducting its affairs in full compliance with the law, its own policies and procedures, and the policies and procedures of the District Government. Though we have implemented internal controls and procedures that we hope will prevent improper conduct, we also have set up an anonymous compliance Hotline (1-800-345-5564) as an easy and confidential way for to report suspected improper conduct without fear of retaliation.
The compliance Hotline is managed externally by Compliance Concepts, Inc, ensuring confidentiality and access by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
When reporting suspected wrongdoing, please provide as much detail as possible so our investigation can be as thorough as possible. If possible, please indicate:
- the specific nature of the wrongful or inappropriate act
- the name of person(s) who committed the act
- when and were the wrongdoing occurred
- the reason you believe the act is wrongful or inappropriate
Examples of activities and operations in which non-compliance may be an issue:
- Suspected False Claims Activities
- Conflicts of Interest
- Questionable Contracting and Procurement Activity
- Breach of Protected Health Information Security or Confidentiality
- Violation of Gift Restrictions
- Sexual Harassment
- Any Ethical Violation
Upon receipt of a call, Compliance Concepts, Inc. forwards the information to the DBH Office of Accountability for investigation and resolution. If necessary, a referral to the Office of the Inspector General, the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, or the Office of the Attorney General will be made.