Bulletin ID: No. 7 - Crisis Beds: Ninety (90) Day Pilot Project
Effective August 11, 2006, DMH is changing the procedure for access to DMH crisis stabilization beds. The changes are as follows:
- Requests for crisis stabilization beds will be made directly to the Crisis Provider (Crossing Place or Jordan House) during the next 90 days.
- Access Helpline (AHL) will provide any caller requesting a crisis bed with the contact information for both providers. The agency requesting the crisis bed will then select the crisis facility and contact that facility for a bed.
- No authorization is required for the first 48 hours.
- Authorization is required for crisis stabilization beds beyond 48 hours.
- The crisis provider is responsible to provide the clinical presentation to the AHL care coordinator.
- AHL will follow the usual procedure for continued authorization.
- If the DMH denies authorization, there will be no reimbursement beyond the first 48 hours.
Jordan House Crossing Place
(202)526-8491 (202) 328-4070